Link

Saturday, January 24, 2009

A First!






My dear WRITER wife always complains I never blog, and that I should put in some entries more frequently. She at times fails to recognize that I CANNOT write.. i doodle, i create mess, I think alot etc etc. So I'm writing a semi meaningless entry, updating those who read our site of our Wee little escapades.

We're in Brunei now, spending time with my in-laws for Chinese New Year (we've spent the past 2 with my parents) and really relaxing. I mean. REALLLYYYY relaxing. We haven't done much since we came (it's been 4 days) and I hope to explore a bit of the country before we leave next Tues.

Skyler loves the vast amount of space she's got to run around, though I think she's getting pretty frustrated of being indoors. The weather hasn't been great to the place, it rained so much it flooded on Tuesday, that some areas in Brunei are out of power, so it's a bit of a risk to go out at times. Sue and I explored "Gadong" today - the "Orchard road" of Brunei (yes all 400 metres of it) and most of it was out of power too. Our entertainment the past 4 days has been largely consisting of frequent visits to Emporiums, Supermarkets, Fake DVD shops and lotsa cable TV. We got hooked on Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares (the UK version) and that's what I'm watching right now.

One of the many powers that my wife has is her super-human like ability to fall asleep at EVERY movie we watch at home. She usually initiates the activity, and about half way through the show (because it is SO GOOD) she drifts into deep thought. It's a real intense moment for her because the thinking is so physically tiring, that her body needs to be rested. She then goes into Astral Projection mode to watch the show, while her physical self regenerates. Her poor husband is always too stupid to recognize that she is actually watching the movie! He attempts to create conversation at certain scenes, but only to find her "asleep". However, he has not reached her level and hasn't been able to communicate with her astral being. Just like tonight - we're watching Season 2 of Kitchen Nightmares when I ask if she can see the screen properly (yeah we're watching on a laptop). She then says "it's OK, i can listen" and I stupidly believe. She then switches to astral projection mode, and her physical body goes to sleep. I am perceiving that I'm watching the show alone now, but I am actually in the loving, warm and highly interactive company of my wife - just that I don't know it.

Well I don't know what to write anymore. Skyler's suddenly appeared at the side of our bed, asking to watch Elmo at 245am.
I've attached some photos for fun. I'm too lazy to transfer them from our camera to the computer.

2 Comments:

Blogger Friends in Business said...

hey dude,happy CNY. Thanks for the 'agro' pics...i'll forwward them to me mate and we'll pick some. Thanks again for the effort. have a great time in burni with all those gooddies. Hey, ronald looks like he's in a bit of bother... did the guy complain about the macs or something? with love, dierden tribe

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

skyler looks so distinguished in those glasses. :-)

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home